Orri’s Dietetics team share 12 affirmations to keep you grounded as you approach mealtimes in recovery. Allow these reminders to keep you focused on what’s important.
1. How I feel about myself has nothing to do with what I eat or don’t eat
2. I deserve to treat my body with respect
3. My happiness does not depend on my size but on who I am and what I do
4. My body is my home and I am going to look after it
5. Although I cannot see all that is ahead of me, I can take the next step
6. I need to be nourished to live a happy life
7. Fear is only a feeling, it cannot control me
8. Food is not the enemy, my eating disorder is
9. I am not facing this alone
10. One day at a time, one step at a time
11. Fear is what I’m feeling, brave is what I’m being
12. I am not any less for making mistakes but I can learn from them
Orri’s approach to recovery with food
We do dietetics a little differently at Orri. We do not to talk about calories, nor do we lay down rules.
People with eating disorders already have a lot of rules. Rather than replace their rules with another set, our Dietetics team prefer to start working with clients from where they are, taking gradual steps forward at mealtimes.
To find out more about Orri’s dietetic approach, read this blog.