On the look-out for a homemade summery snack? Our chef, Ben, shares one of his favourite recipes that he learnt whilst skiing! Not a pro baker? No fear, according to Ben this is impossible to mess up…
This is a really simple yoghurt cake recipe that uses the same cup that your yoghurt comes from. The result is a lovely light but moist cake that you can decorate with absolutely anything. You can use vegan yoghurt with baking powder to make this a delicious plant-based snack option if needed.
1 yoghurt cup (strawberry, raspberry, vanilla – any flavour you’d like your cake to be). The yoghurt can be vegan
1 cup of oil
2 cups of sugar
3 cups of self-raising flour
3 eggs (1/2 tsp baking powder, if vegan)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper
3. Empty the contents of yoghurt cup into a mixing bowl. Use the same cup to measure out the rest of the ingredients and add to the mixing bowl
4. Stir until just combined – until there are no obvious lumps of flour – and empty contents into the lined cake tin
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes
6. Let it cool before enjoying!
Ben, Orri’s Chef