Hours: Up to 40 hours.
Base: Orri, 14 Hallam Street, London. W1W 6JG
Contract type: Permanent
The role of the Eating Disorder Occupational Therapy Associate at Orri is a varied and important role. Working directly with the Lead Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy team, the role supports the team with the primary duties being to directly work with clients supporting them in their recovery occupations, in day and outpatient treatment.
It includes working with the occupational therapists in obtaining vital information concerning client performance components and engagement (occupational performance data) to inform the client’s Occupational Therapy needs and identify areas of difficulty and growth that may impact their health and recovery outcome.
Under direction of the Occupational Therapy team, you will support the clients’ identifying deficits in performance areas, performance components and performance context by conducting formal and informal assessments. You will further support the treatment of clients by aiding in occupational therapy interventions, practical spaces, and psychoeducation.
It is a vital role building relationships, offering support and motivation, and providing helpful interventions and a point of contact for clients.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Client focused and committed to supporting wellbeing and recovery in others.
- Keen interest in Occupational Therapy and functional support
- Educated to degree level or similar
- An interest in Eating Disorders and passionate about creating and working in an innovative specialist service
- Excellent verbal, written and body language skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A compassionate and support approach, with the ability to hold boundaries
- Interest in learning more about Occupational Therapy treatment in eating disorders
- Excellent IT Skills