We’re looking for a Head Chef to join Orri’s team and to support individuals in eating disorder treatment!
The Head Chef role combines excellent cooking, kitchen management, team management and people skills. The position is client facing and is central to the relationship clients build with food throughout their treatment at Orri.
The Head Chef provides innovative and creative dishes to encourage the clients to develop their relationship with food and is a strong collaborator with a calm and supporting approach to cooking. The role works closely with the dietetics department to create menus suitable for weight restoration and weight management, or to support clients in building a strong relationship with food. The Head Chef also works closely to the wider clinical team and is open to training, feedback and discussion that supports the clients growth and recovery.
Desired skills and expertise:
- A minimum of 5 years experience delivering a high quality kitchen service
- Previous experience managing the exceptional standards in our kitchen, we currently maintain a 5 star food Hygiene standards rating
- Excellent HACCP knowledge with Food Hygiene at Level 3 or higher
- Experienced in managing and running a professional kitchen
- Adheres to all local and national policy’s and regulatory requirements and standards and leads the organisation in recognising the required policies for and associated procedures for Orri
- To be able to source and purchase ingredients on time and within the budget requirements assigned
- Reviews and reflects on own performance through effective use of professional and operational supervision and appraisal
- Ability to Identify own learning needs and highlight areas of development
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Has excellent organisational skills
- Has high level of physical stamina and ability to work consistently
- In addition, any ad hoc requirements required within the postholder’s skill set to support Orri may be required.
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you! Click below to find out more and apply.