Halloween parties may be off the cards for 2020, but we can still celebrate with baked goods! Michael, Orri’s Head Chef shares a tasty Ooky-Spooky Cookie recipe for you to try at home…
200g/7oz Dairy-free Margarine
125g/4½oz Soft Light Brown Sugar
100g/3½oz Caster Sugar
2 tps Ground Ginger
2 tps Ground Cinnamon
250g/9oz Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
For the icing…
150g Icing Sugar
Juice of x1 Orange
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until it forms a paste.
2. Transfer the paste onto an oven tray, lined with baking parchment
3. Put another piece of parchment paper over the paste and roll until 3cm thick and evenly distributed across the baking tray
4. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 12mins
5. Once removed, cut the mix into shapes with your favourite seasonal cookie cutter! We were particularly fond of our “ooky spooky” friend
6. Leave the ginger bread to completely cool before removing from the excess mix. This is important as the ginger bread wont hold its shape whilst still warm
7. In the meantime, sift your icing sugar into a bowl with the juice of x1 orange, whisk thoroughly to remove any lumps. You can also add food colouring to the icing
8. Lastly, drizzle over the gingerbread men until your hearts content!
We enjoyed ours at Orri with a warming cup of tea – proper stuff!