We’re looking for a Nursing Assistant to join the Orri team and help support our eating disorder treatment programmes.
About the role
Orri is an ambitious, young, fast-growing company committed to changing the way we treat eating disorders in the UK. The role of Nursing Assistant at Orri is an important role in supporting the day to day running of the nursing team. This is a dynamic post supporting a fast paced and busy nursing function within the service where attention to detail and a proactive approach is essential.
Working directly with the Nurses, Psychiatrists and Clinical Director, the role supports the physical and psychological health management of the clients. It is a varied role that includes supporting weight monitoring, taking ECGs, performing and recording observations and supports the nursing team with risk assessments and care planning. As part of the role you will support the nursing team to ensure the Clinic Room is kept well stocked, cleaned and organised.
The post holder will have experience in time management, diary coordination and strong administrative skills to provide admin support in meetings and discussions within the nursing team.
The role involves empowering the individual to better understand the relationships with their body as they move through the recovery process, and supports clients in moving towards health as they navigate recovery.
Orri is the leading provider of day treatment for eating disorders in the UK. Our vision is “Recovery for All”.
We offer recovery-based, face-to-face treatment both online and in person. Programmes follow a stepped approach so that treatment evolves with each individual as they progress in recovery. At the heart of the Orri team is the belief that recovery is possible for all. We work collaboratively to provide expert, evidence-based treatment with kindness and compassion at its core.
The prevalence of people with a serious eating disorder requiring specialist treatment is increasing in the UK and beyond. Founded in July 2018, Orri provides an intensive day treatment programme for people aged 16+ with eating disorders, providing both a cost-effective alternative to long-stay hospitalisation as well as the opportunity for earlier intervention. Evidence strongly demonstrates that earlier intervention achieves better patient outcomes. Starting with one centre in central London and a full online service, our ambition is to grow new Orri centres across England, making intensive day treatment a new choice for those suffering with an eating disorder, their families and loved ones, and for those who commission/fund services on their behalf.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To work under the direction of and in association with the Nursing team and Clinical Director.
- To work within the multidisciplinary team to ensure Orri provides a safe, effective and caring service that is responsive to people’s needs.
- To observe, monitor and record the clients’ presentations throughout day communicating information in timely manner to the clinical team
- To assist with the monitoring, recording and reporting of clients physical and psychological health management, through Orri’s systems (Kipu/Orri Tool).
- To provide assistance to the nursing team in the monitoring and tracking of the Live board, ensuring clients physical health needs are being recorded and acted upon.
- Working under the guidance of the nursing team, prepare information that contributes to client care plans
- To establish and develop effective working alliances with clients, their carers and their external teams.
- Communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner with clients and team members, raising and recording safeguarding concerns as appropriate.
- To form professional relationships with members of the MDT and work alongside other professionals to deliver boundaried interventions to clients and their carers
- To attend regular clinical professional supervision and reflective practice
- To respond to the health promotion needs of the clients
- Develop new ideas to improve clients care and service delivery within the nursing team setting
- Assist with clinical audits as directed by the nursing team
- To demonstrate on going personal development through participation in internal and external development opportunities
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- To operate within Orri policies, guidelines and protocols and current Health and Safety at Work Legislation.
- To be able prepare and conduct presentations
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
Desired skills and expertise:
- Client focused and committed to supporting wellbeing and recovery in others.
- Keen interest in dietetics and nutritional support.
- Educated to degree level.
- An interest in Eating Disorders and passionate about creating and working in an innovative specialist service.
- Excellent verbal, written and body language skills.
- Good communication.
- Ability to hold boundary.
- Interest in learning more about dietary treatment of ED’s.
- Excellent IT Skills.
In addition, any ad hoc requirements required within the postholders skill set to support Orri may be required.
|Job title:||Nursing Associate|
|Hours:||Full time – 40 hours per week.|
|Base:||Hallam Street / Wimpole Street|
|Annual leave:||The basic annual leave entitlement in a full year is 33 days inclusive of bank holidays. Leave entitlement is pro rata where applicable. The service is closed for the Christmas and New Year period.|
- Working for a CQC rated ‘Outstanding’ service in all 5 areas
- Monday to Friday work pattern
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays and the service closure over Christmas
- Significant opportunity to lead in service development and expansion with particular focus on client safety and care
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Enhanced disclosure check cost covered
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards schemes
- Contributory pension scheme with salary sacrifice options.
- Free Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Free professional development and CPD certified training
- Two annual corporate events plus additional ad hoc social events throughout the year
- Career development opportunities
Orri operates a smoke free policy on all premises and grounds.
Orri is an equal opportunities employer.