Our online community share their favourite eating disorder recovery affirmations, to bring hope into your recovery today.
We know recovery is exhausting. We understand recovery is difficult. Your recovery may be one of the hardest journeys you ever embark on. However, eating disorder recovery is the right choice to make.
Especially if you want to live a full, authentic life again. It is an essential journey that, as you may already know, requires constant strength and holding onto hope that you will be recovered one day.
Though, if this feels hard to recognise right now, take a moment to forgive yourself for the ups and downs of your process. Know that each step (backwards or forwards) is an opportunity for growth. If this helps, repeat: I am here, I am valued, I can ‘do’ this.
In light of this, we turned to our Instagram community for their favourite recovery affirmations, in the hope that they can offer you support and understanding if you need a little boost right now.
8 eating disorder recovery affirmations:
- The light at the end of the tunnel is somewhere in sight and it will be a hard battle but worth the fight
- After a lapse, recommit the next day. You can do this!
- Remember, progress not perfection
- Healing is never a straightforward path
- Recovery is a rollercoaster, full of ups and downs, twists and turns, loopdaloops and backwards drops
- You can’t live a full life on an empty stomach
- Recovery is like a heartbeat – sometimes it’s up, sometimes it’s down, but it’s never a flat line
- Life is too precious not to enjoy it
Let this post be your reminder that however you have turned up today, you are still here. Know that how you feel about recovery right now does not define your entire recovery journey. One bad day doesn’t make you a “failure”. It makes you human.